Friday, December 31, 2010

*********************** A very different challenge

A very happy and creative new year to all my visitors.

This week I took part in another challenge from http://craftycreationschallenges.blogspot.com/, a little different to my usual style but I really enjoyed it.
The base card is from Craft Creations, the beige card from Coordinations, blue and beige paper from my box, the cherry red card from The Paper Mill and the plum paper is from a recycled envelope (I keep all the coloured envelopes from received cards to use) and I embossed it with the Cuttlebug Paisley folder. I punche one side of the patterned beige paper with Fiskars daisy border punch.
The hat was cut and drawn on Pazzles, feathers, beads and ribbon from my craft box. I used a Spellbinders beaded circle and the sentiment is done on the computer.
Sorry the picture is not better but the light here is terrible.
Also a big thanks to everyone for visiting my blog and leaving such wonderful comments

14 comments:

papertrails leaver said...

Love the red hat you made for the card challenge! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations! :-). Amy

Carol<>< said...

great card, and love that hat!
Carol<><

Jess's Crafty Things said...

i love the colours in this one Claire!

Liz said...

Beautiful card there and thanks for the lovely message on my blog too I see you live in lovely part of Ireland lucky you
I wish you a very Happy New Year to you and yours

liz xx

Jules said...

Hi Claire

A great make. Love the colour combo and layout.

That hat is fabby!!!

Have a really good 2011 .. .. I hope it holds all that you would like it to.

Love Jules xx

Saskia said...

Very elegant!! Thanks for joining us at the 100th Crafty Creations Challenge!!! Good luck!

Enjoy the New Year!

Saskia :)

Di's Dooodles said...

Gorgeous card Claire, it's very elegant. The colour combo is perfect.

Sharon said...

Just love the red hat!! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations.
Sharon x

Anne said...

Beautiful card Clare. Love your blog. Photos of the garden in summer were lovely to look at in Winter.
AOK

Michele Kovack said...

This is gorgeous!!! I love how you dressed up the red hat!

Liz's creative corner said...

Wow love this hat, it looks stunning, the details are great,have fun! hugs Liz xx

sallysbitz2 said...

Gorgeous card, love the hat topper xx

Anonymous said...

So lovely!! Thanks for joining in our Crafty Creations challenge 100th celebration!!
smiles,Deena

Claire Phillips said...

Thanks for playing along in our special blog hop 100th Challenge at Crafty Creations - great to see your fab project. Cheers Claire x